Wednesday, June 25, 2014

There Is Something About a Library....

There is something about a Library. I'm not sure if it is the smell, the atmosphere, or the vibe I get from it. 

I can't remember exactly when I started to love to read. I'm guessing it was when I wasn't forced to anymore in school (I can be kind of stubborn like that). It amazes me how easy it is to get sucked into a whole other world just by flipping through pages. This past winter I read "The Fault in Our Stars" and was one of those people that wanted to see it the minute it came out (but waited for Stimulus Tuesday with a few friends.) Personally, I thought this movie did a nice job of representing the book & after leaving the theater I thought about how cool it is that while we read we are hypothetically....directing the movie in our heads. 

I recently went to the Library in Menomonie. As stated before, I love Libraries, but this one has big windows that over looks Lake Menomin......it might just be a little taste of Heaven for me. 

Anyways, while I was sitting there, I realized that our lives are like books. The best part is that we are the main character in our own book, and supporting characters in so many others! We may only be in a few chapters of someone's book, or maybe we will be in pages that haven't even been written yet in someone else's. 

Yet, our book is always changing....take the genre of our stories for example. At some point we might be in the Drama section and then pages are written which slowly leads us to the Adventure genre, but then a tragedy happens that deepens our thoughts and we switch to the Philosophy genre. You get the point....

As I sat in the Library I watched this guy who was using the card catalog. It seemed that he was really looking for something, but couldn't quite find it--he'd write something down and then walk away and return a few minutes later typing in something new. Then, a lady checking her books out caught my attention, she could barely hold all of the books she had found. 

What is it that all of us are searching for? Perhaps, we're all searching for something unique that pertains to our own individual story. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to type a question into a card catalog and get a book called "The Answers to Life"? Sometimes I think the answer to this question is yes...but then I remember the wonderful stories being written while the main characters are searching for the answers. Oh, and don't forget about those supporting actors...helping us along the way. 

We all have our own book, our own characters, our own plot. Some chapters may seem to drag on forever, while others are cut off too soon, but try to keep in mind that we all have a story to tell & we all have empty pages waiting to be read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment